Tuesday, March 25

All The Small Things

Before the World's Greatest Shave officially began on March 13, there was a lot of work to be done to prepare for the public shave on Friday 14 to go smoothly. In this, I had to make sure that shavers in the office were working, and had all the measures. I also went through all the banners to make sure that they were labelled, and worked correctly. One morning, World's Greatest Shave had a segment on Sunrise, but we were unsure of the time, so I watched and waited for it to come on, then let people around the office know so they could come and watch.

Those these jobs don't sound glamorous, they are necessary to the smooth running of events. If someone grabs the wrong banner and don't have time to go back and get the right one, they won't have anything to put in the background for the media. I know that my contribution helps towards the success of a campaign and event. 

With the Friday public shave on March 14 in the city, I got to draft the photography brief for the day, specifying who to focus their photographs on and what kind of images were needed. The day will be hosted by Heidi, Will and Woody from 92.9, so they need to appear in the photos. I prepared media releases for one week until Shave and one day until Shave, and gather the MC packs for the 92.9 hosts, with an event run sheet and speaking notes.

I have had more media releases published, including one that made it onto the front page of the Canning Times! I was very happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment